Emergency Response Training
FireSafe is a comprehensive training program which provides direction on the roles and responsibilities of both supervisory staff and local fire services in responding to and preventing fire emergencies. This course is available to Condor staff and is also open to Property Managers and law enforcement officers.
Supervisory staff are expected to perform a strict, legally mandated procedure while under the pressure and stress of the responsibility of life safety and the wellbeing of the property. Holding this responsibility effectively requires a thorough knowledge of fire safety systems and legal regulations.
FireSafe course instructors are active Firefighters, lead by an active Fire Captain who is a Master Training Facilitator through the Ontario Fire Marshal’s office. The instructors will identify duties and requirements for fire safety, and provide practical hands on training within the scope of NFPA 601-2010, the Security Services in Fire Loss Prevention Standard.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate of achievement.
- Ontario Fire Code and related legislation
- practical experience extinguishing live fires
- live tour of a real facility and its fire safety systems
- practice fire drills under the supervision of a fire captain
- roles of supervisory staff (including security guards), property managers, and firefighters