Website Condor Security
Student Campus Security Guard
- Patrols and creating security presence and deterrence is a must.
- Unpredictability and maximum effect are of prime importance.
- Security guards will walk the property, vigilant for anything out of place, recognizing any suspicious activities and responding accordingly.
- Once Security Guards become familiar with the most critical areas, these areas are patrolled more often to deter criminal activity.
- Security can see what’s happening 24/7, and will use that opportunity to immediately act if there is any criminal activity or breach of building policy.
Working as a Security Guard on a student residence requires a blend between professional high end customer service and solid traditional security best practices.
- Positive personality!
- Valid Ontario Security Guard Licence
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Standard First Aid and Level "C" CPR certification is an advantage
- Other industry recognized certifications or experience is an advantage
- Working in a team setting with others who value a professional and rewarding work environment
- Highly motivated individual with a strong will to grow in the security field
- Must maintain a professional, respectful attitude when interacting with the general public
- Take initiative both in solving problems and in improving the workplace
- Enthusiastic attitude towards training and professional growth
- Concierge services (eg. parcel control, amenity room bookings, etc.)
- Access control, administrative tasks, report writing, patrolling and surveillance
- Responding to emergencies according to procedure (eg. fire, medical, flood, etc.)
- Participate in mandatory on-going training
- Opportunities for above-industry average wages & compensation structure and full health and medical benefits are included
- Successful applicants can take advantage of ongoing training and development programs
- In detail training provided to the right candidates